Monday, December 12, 2011

Busy Bee

For the last little while I've been a single woman again.
Not partying-with-my girlfriends-and-pickin-up-dudes SINGLE.
But I've been living on my own.

Mitch had to leave a.s.a.p. to begin his new job in Tennessee.
I would have loved to drop everything and go with him but I stayed behind for a few reasons:

A. Someone had to finish packing the house up. That lucky someone would be me.
B. I have a great job that I don't want to leave yet.
C. I'm in denial that I have to look for a new job.

I thought I'd have a lot of time on my hands with Mitch being gone already and me being by myself...but I was wrong. I have been one busy girl and time has flown by quick.

I'm down to my last and final week living in Utah.
The reality that I'm moving is finally starting to set in.
Especially because I just made a huge to-do list of things that need to get done before I leave and it kind of made me want to throw up.

So much to do, so little time!

And as if working full time and packing my life up wasn't enough to do this week, I had to throw in a last minute art project for good measure. That's just how I roll.

I got commissioned by a client at my Interior Design firm to do a 51 x 55 inch oil painting for her living room. 

Just got the stretched canvas done today...and she's beautiful.
I feel all jittery right now and excited to put some color on her!

So I went to Roberts tonight to buy some more paint and was SO SAD to see that they are CLOSING! The entire store is 40% off right now and let me tell you, it was a mad frenzy in there. I swear half the shelves were wiped clean and everything had been seriously picked through! I had a slight panic attack and grabbed all the oil paints I needed that were left on the shelf.

I may or may not have splurged on some new brushes as well. 
I blame the adrenaline rush.
Merry (early) Christmas to me.

3 comments:

  1. Syd, you're so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so talented! i can't wait to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see the final product too!!!! So fun. Sorry you had to carry that sucker home! :)

    ReplyDelete